Coxswain Grade 1
Maritime and Safety Training is incredibly proud of the work we've done over the last several years towards making the process of getting your Coxswain licence easier than ever before. Our Coxswain Grade 1 training courses give people real-world experience operating a vessel in Australian inshore waters, with propulsion power capped at 500KW for an inboard engine and unlimited for an outboard engine during Coxswain Grade 1 training. Our intensive Coxswain Grade 1 course will equip you with the required Units of Competency to ensure you have the knowledge to attain a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal (Certificate II in Maritime Operations) certificate.
Coxswain Grade 1
MAR20313 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal)
Peat Island Hawkesbury River NSW 25th September - 11th October 2017, 8.30am - 4.00pm
Approx cost $1000.00 plus if Marine Radio is required an extra $125.00.
Upcoming Course: Newcastle NSW: Monday 10th July to Wednesday 26th July 2017
Units of Competency
Only the comprehensive and robust Coxswain Grade 1 courses provided by Maritime and Safety training will prepare students for the following units of competency:
- MARB002 Perform basic servicing and maintenance of main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARC005 Operate inboard and outboard motors
- MARC006 Operate main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARF001 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARH001 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARI001 Comply with regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARJ001 Follow environmental work practices
- MAR001 Handle a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARN002 Apply seamanship skills aboard a vessel up to 12 metres
Upon completion, students will be issued a Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) MAR20313. 2016 enrollments are now open, so if you'd like to find out more information about our Coxswain Grade 1 courses or if you'd like to begin the registration process today, please fill out the online form or call us directly at 1300 302 123.
Coxswain Grade 1 Courses are available to residents of all Australian states including TAS, WA, NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, NT and SA.
Receive our latest offers and discounts on all of our training courses and certificates!