Master up to 24 metres (Near Coastal) (previously Master Class 5) Certificate III in Maritime Operations MAR30913
Master up to 24 metres (Near Coastal) (previously Master Class 5) course by Maritime and Safety Training allows you the opportunity to command a Marine vessel not exceeding 24 metres in length, operating in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). You can also act as either Chief Mate or Deck Watch Keeper on a vessel that is less than 35 metres in size in the EEZ, giving you the valuable, real-world experience that you need to further your ability and succeed well into the future.
The NSW FITC MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Near Coastal) course is designed for people with relevant maritime exoerience - 80% of AMSA seatime requirements.
AMSA sea time requirements along with an AMSA final assessment, First Aid, Eyesight and Medical certificates and a Marine Radio Operators licence will need to be met before AMSA will issue your Master up to 24 metres NC Certificate of Competency.
- Woy Woy NSW Monday 30/4/18 - Friday 25/5/18 Times: 0830-1630 - Please note ESS units will not be run through MC24 NC course
- ESS Woy Woy 26th & 27th February 2018
Cost: Approx cost $1,470.00 (for students eligable for NSW Smart and Skilled training subsidy) plus $125.00 for Marine Radio if required. The Marine Radio Course (LROCP) is conducted on 1 Saturday during the course.
Non subsidised fee is $2,195
To achieve the MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal) you will have to pass the units of competency. These units cover health and safety management information, how to manoeuvre a vessel up to 24 metres near coastal waters, best practices for staying safe and secure at sea, seamanship operations on board a vessel up to 24 metres and more in NSW, VIC, QLD and all Australian states.
Master up to 24 metres
To find out additional information about the benefits of Master up to 24 metres (Near Coastal), please visit the following link: https://www.amsa.gov.au/forms-and-publications/AMSA719.pdf.
To register your interest in one of our Master Mariner courses, please the online form below. If you would like to get further information about these, or any M.A.S.T. courses, please call us on 1300 302 123.
Master Up to 24 Metres (Near Coastal) (Master Class 5) Course Information
Full title: MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- MARB004 Perform routine maintenance on a vessel up to 24m
- MARB005 Slip or dock a vessel and maintain hull on a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARF001Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARH003 Manage and maintain a navigational watch on board vessels up to 80 metres
- MARH004 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARH005 Use wheelhouse equipment for safe navigation
- MARI002 Observe regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARJ002 Monitor environmental management on a vessel
- MARK002 Manoeuvre a vessel up to 24m within near coastal waters
- MARN003 Perform seamanship operations on board a vessel up to 24m
Receive our latest offers and discounts on all of our training courses and certificates!