Master up to 24 metres (Master Class 5)
Master up to 24 metres (Master Class 5) course by Maritime and Safety Training allows you the opportunity to command a Marine vessel not exceeding 24 metres in length, operating in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). You can also act as either Chief Mate or Deck Watch Keeper on a vessel that is less than 35 metres in size in the EEZ, giving you the valuable, real-world experience that you need to further your ability and succeed well into the future.
MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master Class 5)
Location: Peats Island/Woy Woy, NSW
Dates: Monday 7th August to Friday 1st september 2017
Cost: Approx cost $1,470.00 plus $125.00 for Marine Radio if required.
To achieve the MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal) you will have to pass the units of competency. These units cover health and safety management information, how to manoeuvre a vessel up to 24 metres near coastal waters, best practices for staying safe and secure at sea, seamanship operations on board a vessel up to 24 metres and more in NSW, VIC, QLD and all Australian states.
Master up to 24 metres
To find out additional information about the benefits of Master Class 5, please visit the following link: https://www.amsa.gov.au/forms-and-publications/AMSA719.pdf.
Subsidised accommodation (shared holiday house) is available.
To register your interest in one of our Master Mariner courses, please the online form below. If you would like to get further information about these, or any M.A.S.T. courses, please call us on 1300 302 123.
Master Up to 24 Metres (Master Class 5) Course Information
Full title: MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- MARB004 Perform routine maintenance on a vessel up to 24m
- MARB005 Slip or dock a vessel and maintain hull on a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARF001Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARH003 Manage and maintain a navigational watch on board vessels up to 80 metres
- MARH004 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARH005 Use wheelhouse equipment for safe navigation
- MARI002 Observe regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARJ002 Monitor environmental management on a vessel
- MARK002 Manoeuvre a vessel up to 24m within near coastal waters
- MARN003 Perform seamanship operations on board a vessel up to 24m
Receive our latest offers and discounts on all of our training courses and certificates!