Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal
|Coxswain Grade 1||01/06/20 - 20/06/20||Enrolling||0830-1630||Woy Woy||Book|
|Coxswain Grade 1||07/09/20 - 25/09/20||Enrolling||0830-1630||Woy Woy||Book|
NSW Smart and Skilled training subsidies apply to this course for eligible applicants. Subsidised fee is approximately $1,010 per student. There may be limited subsidised places available for each course.
The approximate fee for non-subsidised students is $1,505.
The optional Marine Radio course is available for $125.
AMPA fee $215. AMSA fee $151
Our Coxswain Grade 1 training courses give people real-world experience operating a vessel in Australian inshore waters, with propulsion power capped at 500KW for an inboard engine and unlimited for an outboard engine during Coxswain Grade 1 training. Our intensive Coxswain licence training will equip you with the required Units of Competency to ensure you have the knowledge to attain a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal (Certificate II in Maritime Operations) certificate.
This course is designed for people who have attained at least 80% of their sea time requirements. Call for details.
Optional Marine Radio course available for additional cost of $125.
Coxswain Grade 1
Pursue a career as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry.
Units of Competency
Only the comprehensive and robust MAR20318 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) provided by Maritime and Safety training will prepare students for the following units of competency:
- MARB027 Perform basic servicing and maintenance of main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARC037 Operate inboard and outboard motors
- MARC038 Operate main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARF027 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF028 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF029 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF030 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARH013 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARI003 Comply with regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARJ006 Follow environmental work practices
- MARK007 Handle a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARN008 Apply seamanship skills aboard a vessel up to 12 metres
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
All students will need chart 5011 – “symbols and abbreviations” before the course start date.
This can be bought at Boat Books Australia under NP5011 chart symbols and abbreviations.
Students prior to the course on their own accord can purchase navigation equipment, or they can be purchased from NSW FITC at $135 per kit the kit includes
- 1400mm parallel ruler – captain fields pattern
- 200mm Blundell Harling single handed brass dividers with stainless points
- 7 inch brass chart pencil
Students can also purchase the instruments for $135, or hire them for $50 over the duration of the course and will be refunded in full upon their return in good order.
The NSW FITC MAR20318 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) course is designed for people who have completed 80% of the AMSA sea time requirements for the Coxswain Grade 1 NC Certificate of Competency
N.B. Completion of AMSA Mandated Practical Assessment (AMPA) during the course (with NSW FITC), HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, eyesight, medical and sea service certificates requirements will need to be met for issue of the AMSA Certificate of Competency.
How to Enrol
Simply Book this course by clicking on the button below and one of our team will contact you to discuss the next steps.