Marine Engine Driver Grade 2
MED 2 Upcoming Courses
|Marine Engine Driver Grade 2||22/03/20 - 09/04/20||Enrolling||0830-1630||Woy Woy||Book|
|Marine Engine Driver Grade 2||13/07/20 - 31/07/20||Enrolling||0830-1630||Woy Woy||Book|
|Marine Engine Driver Grade 2||27/09/20 - 09/10/20||Enrolling||0830-1630||Woy Woy||Book|
15 Days plus 2 days for the Elements of Shipboard Safety units - call for dates.(you may have completed these for a previous lower grade qualification) Plus 1 day for HLTATD003 Provide First Aid
ESS units: MARF028, MARF029, MARF027, MARF030
Many students will have completed the ESS units and first aid in previous maritime qualifications
From approximately $1480 For NSW residents qualifying for a Government subsidy under Smart and Skilled training subsidy for first qualification.
Unsubsidised cost is $1,905
AMPA fee $215. AMSA fee $152
With Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 (MED 2) training courses from Maritime and Safety Training, you'll get all of the necessary training to work as safely and comfortably as possible in Australian coastal waters, up to 200 nautical miles. MED 2 training involves becoming the chief engineer on a vessel with propulsion power of < 750 KW in the Economic Exclusion Zone, also commonly referred to as the EEZ. Additionally, you get to be the second engineer on a vessel with propulsion power of < 1500 KW, also in the EEZ. Intensive M.A.S.T. training courses will equip you with the knowledge, skill and theory training that you need to further your career.
Units of competency:
Full title: MAR30818 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal)
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- MARB031 Maintain marine internal combustion engines, propulsion plant, and auxiliary systems
- MARB032 Undertake basic maintenance of electrical systems
- MARC033 Complete engine room tasks
- MARC034 Maintain hull out of water
- MARC035 Operate and maintain extra low and low voltage electrical systems and equipment
- MARC036 Operate deck machinery
- MARC039 Operate marine internal combustion engines, and propulsion and auxiliary systems
- MARC040 Manage fuel systems
- MARC041 Operate and monitor marine internal combustion engines, propulsion plant, and auxiliary systems
- MARC042 Operate electrical systems
- MARF027 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF028 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF029 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF030 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARJ006 Follow environmental work practices
MAR30813 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal) N.B. AMSA sea time requirements, AMSA final assessment (completed by NSW FITC during the course), first aid, eyesight and medical certificates will have to be met for AMSA to issue your MED 2 NC Certificate of Operation
This course is designed for students who have achieved 80% of the AMSA sea time requirements for Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC Certificate of Competency
20 hours pre course study is also required - Learner guides supplied on enrolment
Upon successful completion of the MED 2 course, you will be issued with a Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal) MAR30813. To learn more about what it means to be a Marine Engine Driver and what an important decision it really is, visit our Marine Engine Driver page.
How to Enrol for MED 2
To find out more information about Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 training, call 1300 302 123 for course information. Courses are available across all Australian states.
Simply Book this course by clicking on the button below and one of our team will contact you to discuss the next steps.