Marine Engine Driver Grade 3
With Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 / MED 3 training classes from Maritime and Safety Training, you’ll get first-hand, real-world experience as the chief engineer on a vessel with propulsion power of < 500 KW in the Economic Exclusion Zone, otherwise known as the EEZ. You also get to be the second engineer on a vessel with propulsion power of < 750 KW, also located in the EEZ. These training courses are an invaluable tool that you can use to help propel yourself further in the career that you love so much.
MAR20413 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal)
This course is designed for students who have completed at least 80% of the AMSA sea time requirements to be issued the AMSA Certificate of Competency.
Learners guides will be supplied on enrolment for pre course study.
N.B. To achieve the AMSA Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Certificate of Competence students will have to met AMSA sea time requirements, pass an AMSA final examination and complete relevant first aid, eyesight and medical certificates.
Marine Engine Driver Grade 3
To make sure that you’re getting the most comprehensive education possible, be sure to register for Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 training courses that are also available right now from Maritime and Safety Training, across NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, TAS, NT, SA and WA. Call 1300 302 123 for course information. To learn more about what it means to be a Marine Engine Driver (MED 3) and what an important decision it really is, visit our Marine Engine Driver page.
- Course fee: Approximately $1010 for NSW residents qualifying for NSW Smart and Skilled training subsidy, also depends on prior qualifications. Call Andrew for details 02 4344 1366
- Non subsidised fee is $1,210
2018 Enrollments now open
- Wednesday 4th April – Tuesday 17th April 2018 at Woy Woy NSW
- Monday to Friday 08.30-16.00, 10 Days over 3 weeks
- plus 2 days for the Elements of Shipboard Safety units 26th and 27th March 2018
- ESS units: MARF001, MARF002, MARF004, MARF005
- Many students will have completed the ESS units in previous maritime qualifications
To begin the process of obtaining high quality, real world Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 (MED 3) training, register online or call 1300 302 123 for course information. You can also learn more by downloading the following PDF from AMSA.gov.au: https://www.amsa.gov.au/forms-and-publications/AMSA724.pdf.
Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Course Information
Full title: MAR20413 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal)
Units of competency:
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- MARB003 Service marine internal combustion engines, and propulsion and auxiliary systems
- MARC001 Complete engine room tasks
- MARC002 Maintain hull out of water
- MARC003 Operate and maintain extra low and low voltage electrical systems and equipment
- MARC004 Operate deck machinery
- MARC007 Operate marine internal combustion engines, and propulsion and auxiliary systems
- MARF001Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARJ001 Follow environmental work practices