Elements of Shipboard Safety
MARSS00008 – Shipboard Safety Skill Set
A prerequisite for employment aboard a commercial vessel, plus a course often undertaken by recreational seafarers, is the Elements of Shipboard Safety training course. This course will equip you with the knowledge needed to operate safely aboard a vessel.
Maritime and Safety Training runs the Elements of Shipboard Safety training course that covers both theoretical and practical applications to shipboard safety. All of our courses comply with stringent guidelines and units of this course will cover competence in Survival at Sea upon abandonment of vessel, Adherence to Safety and Emergency procedures on a vessel and fire-fighting techniques.
Elements of Shipboard Safety training courses are available across NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, NT, SA, WA and TAS. To register your interest in this course, please use the online form. If you would like further information about these or any M.A.S.T. courses, please call on 1300 302 123.
- 26th -27th March 2018 WoyWoy $495.00 stand alone training (no charge for students completing full qualifications)
- 26th and 27th June 2018 WoyWoy $495.00 stand alone training (no charge for students completing full qualifications)
Units of Competency
- MARF001 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft