Coxswain Grade 2
MAR10418 Certificate 1 in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal)
Cox Grade 2 – Cost $1,690.00
The optional Marine Radio course is available for $125.
AMPA fee $215. AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) fee $156
Coxswain Grade 2 training courses from Maritime and Safety Training make the process of getting your Coxswain licence not only easier than ever before, but also stress free. Our Coxswain Grade 2 training courses give you the ability to command and operate a commercial vessel in Australian inshore waters, giving you the type of valuable experience that you will carry for the rest of your career. Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal certification allows you to operate a vessel up to 12 metres in length and propulsion power limited to 100KW with an inboard engine and unlimited for outboard.
Optional Marine Radio course available for additional cost of $125.
Pursue a career as a Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal in the maritime industry.
Units of Competency
With Maritime and Safety Training, you will be able to successfully complete the following units of competency towards attaining your Coxswain Grade 2 status:
- MARC037 Operate inboard and outboard motors
- MARC038 Operate main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARF027 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF028 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF029 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARI003 Comply with regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARJ006 Follow environmental work practices
- MARK007 Handle a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARN008 Apply seamanship skills aboard a vessel up to 12 metres
The NSW FITC MAR20318 Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal) course is designed for people who have completed 80% of the AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) sea time requirements for the Coxswain Grade 2 NC Certificate of Competency.
N.B. AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) Mandated Practical Assessment completed during the course, eyesight, medical (self declaration) and sea service certificates requirements including sea service requirements will need to be met for issue of the AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) Certificate of Competency.
For more information on sea time for this course please click here.
How to Enrol
Simply Book this course by clicking on the button below and one of our team will contact you to discuss the next steps.