Coxswain Grade 2
MAR10413 Certificate 1 in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal)
Cox Grade 2 – Cost $1,690.00
The optional Marine Radio course is available for $125.
AMPA fee $215. AMSA fee $151
Coxswain Grade 2 training courses from Maritime and Safety Training make the process of getting your Coxswain licence not only easier than ever before, but also stress free. Our Coxswain Grade 2 training courses give you the ability to command and operate a commercial vessel in Australian inshore waters, giving you the type of valuable experience that you will carry for the rest of your career. Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal certification allows you to operate a vessel up to 12 metres in length and propulsion power limited to 100KW with an inboard engine and unlimited for outboard.
Optional Marine Radio course available for additional cost of $125.
Pursue a career as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry.
Units of Competency
With Maritime and Safety Training, you will be able to successfully complete the following units of competency towards attaining your Coxswain Grade 2 status:
- MARC005 Operate Inboard and Outboard Motors
- MARF001 Apply Basic Survival Skills in the Event of Vessel Abandonment
- MARF002 Follow Procedures to Minimise and Fight Fires on Board a Vessel
- MARF004 Meet Work Health and Safety Requirements
- MARI001 Comply with Regulations to Ensure Safe Operation of a Vessel up to 12 Metres
- MARJ001 Follow Environmental Work Practices
- MAR001 Handle a Vessel up to 12 Metres
- MARN002 Apply Seamanship Skills Aboard a Vessel up to 12 Metres
The NSW FITC MAR20313 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) course is designed for people who have completed 80% of the AMSA sea time requirements for the Coxswain Grade 1 NC Certificate of Competency
N.B. Final examination by an AMSA delegate, AMSA first aid, eyesight, medical and sea service certificates requirements will need to be met for issue of the AMSA Certificate of Competency.
How to Enrol
Simply enter your details into the “Register Now” box below and one of our team will contact you to discuss the next steps.