Coxswain Grade 2
WoyWoy Tuesday 12th June 2018 call for details.
Coxswain Grade 2 training courses from Maritime and Safety Training make the process of getting your Coxswain licence not only easier than ever before, but also stress free. Our Coxswain Grade 2 training courses give you the ability to command and operate a real-world vessel in Australian inshore waters, giving you the type of valuable experience that you will carry for the rest of your career. Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal certification allows you to operate a vessel up to 12 metres in length and propulsion power limited to 100KW with an inboard engine and unlimited for outboard.
MAR10413 Certificate 1 in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal)
Cox Grade 2 – Cost $1,690.00
Upcoming Courses: WoyWoy Tuesday 12th June 2018 call for details. Marine Radio (if required) Thursday 28th June 2018 ($125.00)
Once participants have completed their Coxswain Grade 2 course, they will be issued a Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal) MAR10413. This certificate along with relevant requirements from AMSA will enable students to apply for the AMSA Certificate of Competence Coxswain Grade II Near Coastal
Units of Competency
With Maritime and Safety Training, you will be able to successfully complete the following units of competency towards attaining your Coxswain Grade 2 status:
- MARC005 Operate Inboard and Outboard Motors
- MARF001 Apply Basic Survival Skills in the Event of Vessel Abandonment
- MARF002 Follow Procedures to Minimise and Fight Fires on Board a Vessel
- MARF004 Meet Work Health and Safety Requirements
- MARI001 Comply with Regulations to Ensure Safe Operation of a Vessel up to 12 Metres
- MARJ001 Follow Environmental Work Practices
- MAR001 Handle a Vessel up to 12 Metres
- MARN002 Apply Seamanship Skills Aboard a Vessel up to 12 Metres
Maritime and Safety Training’s Coxswain Grade 2 courses are currently available to residents of all Australian states, including NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, NT, SA, WA and TAS. If you’d like to get started on the registration process for your Coxswain Grade 2 course, or if you’d like to find out additional information about any of the other M.A.S.T. courses provided by Maritime and Safety Training on a regular basis, please either fill out the online form or call us at 1300 302 123.