Maritime and Safety Training Venues
Maritime and Safety Training NSW training venues are listed below.
To make a booking or enquire about a recreational boating course, simply call the contact person listed for each region.
These venues are frequently used for our Boat Licence Course and Test.
If you can't find a specific location near you please call our Head Office to enquire about other possible locations
on 1300 302 123.
New South Wales:
- Practical training on our vessel (covers the logbook requirements in 2-3 hours) Held on the Hawkesbury River and at Koolewong on the Central Coast of NSW, Penrith, Newcastle, Illawarra, South Coast, Snowy Region, NSW South Coast, Sydney CBD, Botany Bay and Northern Beaches. Call 02 4344 1366 or 0428 196 699 for details.
- Botany Bay - Play Hard Jet ski Hire - Sydney's only complete Jet Ski Hire & Training Specialists. Call Natasha on 0498 578 057 www.playhardjetskihire.com.au
- Central Coast NSW - Maritime and Safety Training Central Coast, Unit 13, 13 Gibbens Road, West Gosford NSW 2250. Knowledge course and testing and Practical training on our vessel (covers the logbook requirements in 2-3 hours) Held on Brisbane Waters. Call Jim Ward 0428 196 699 for details. [email protected]
- Greater Sydney regular courses held in Drummoyne call Adam Evans 0437 440 436, send an email to [email protected] or book in directly at http://www.mastsydney.com.au
- Jindabyne, Cooma Monaro region, Canberra region including Queanbeyan, Yass, Goulburn, NSW South Coast from Bermagui to Eden. Mick is happy to travel and present to other groups, clubs etc in other areas if requested and you have sufficient numbers. Enquiries at www.icewatermarine.com.au- Call Mick Newman 0414 506 508
- Newcastle, Port Stephens NSW, New England, Mid-north Coast and Hunter Region: Call Chris Saunders mobile 0408 455 417
- Northern Beaches Weekly Courses held on Pittwater - General Boat and PWC course, exam and practical training (covers the logbook requirements in 2-3 hours). Contact Superyacht Crew Academy, 02 9979 9669 or email [email protected] to book or for further information.
- Western Sydney, NSW - Maritime and Safety Training - Wednesdays & Sundays at Penrith Marine Centre, 133 Coreen Avenue, Penrith New South Wales 2750, phone 02 4731 6250 - General Boat and PWC course, exam and practical training. Call Stuart 0425 284 949 or email: [email protected]
Address: 133 Coreen Avenue, Penrith New South Wales 2750
- Wollongong/Illawarra Region - 284 Windang Road, Windang 2528. Send booking requirements to [email protected]
Boat Licence NSW
Maritime and Safety Training offers same day, practical boat licensing courses across metropolitan and regional NSW.
NSW Fishing Industry Training Committee (trading as Maritime and Safety Training), ABN: 64 002 693 281 RTO ID: 90440 is approved by NSW Maritime to provide practical boat training and/or knowledge testing for the NSW general boat driving licence and PWC driving licence.
It is now a requirement of NSW RMS to complete practical, on-water training as a compulsory practical component to obtaining a Boat Licence. Our training options are listed below. Give us a call on 1300 302 123 if you need help in deciding which option is best for you, your family or your group.
General Boat Licence
About Boat Licence Course
Duration: Approximately 3.5 hours for seminar and test plus approximately 2.5 hours on water training. When you have successfully completed one of our comprehensive GENERAL BOAT safety training programs and exam, you will obtain an application for licence (completed at the course). Present the application along with the licence fee and completed logbook to NSW Government Service Centre. This will qualify you for a GENERAL BOAT LICENCE without further testing.
About the logbook
There are 2 ways to complete your logbook:
- Do 3 trips with a friend who has held their General Boat Licence for at least 3 years and complete the activities listed. The logbook is activity based (not based on hours).
- Do 1 trip on board our training vessel. This course runs for approximately 2.5 hours and will fulfil your practical training requirements to get a boat licence.
About the exam
- 50 multiple choice questions
- First 30 questions must have 24 correct answers.
- Last 20 questions must all be answered correctly.
- If you fail the first attempt a second attempt may be made immediately
- If you fail the second attempt you may re-sit at a later date at any of our training centres at no extra charge. You can also attend any of our seminars at no cost if you feel you need further training.
General Boat and PWC Licence course - Costs:
- General boat seminar and Test: $165 Adults
- General boat seminar and Test: $145 Young Adult (12 - 15 years old)
- General Boat Seminar, test and practical: $345 (young adult $325) BOAT LICENCE IN 1 DAY
- General Boat seminar, practical plus PWC: $405 (young adult $385) JET SKI LICENCE IN 1 DAY
- General Boat seminar with PWC upgrade with no practical: $260
- PWC Upgrade Only (if you already hold a NSW Boat Licence): $140
- Practical only: $200
$20 discount on all courses for persons under 16 years of age.
Contacting NSW Roads and Maritime is another way of making a complaint.. Page 20 refers to our complaints policy and page 37 contains our Complaints and Appeals form.
NSW FITC will liaise with sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable applicants, such as individuals who are not fluent in English or have an intellectual or physical disability.