Jet Ski (PWC) Licence NSW
You can obtain your Jet Ski (PWC) licence with a one-day training course from Maritime and Safety Training. Courses are conducted in metropolitan and regional areas of NSW.
You are required to earn a general Boat Licence before qualifying for a Jet Ski (PWC) licence in accordance with Transport for NSW Maritime guidelines.
Please contact us at 1300 302 123 to discuss your specific training needs or whether you require assistance in selecting a suitable course for yourself, a family member or group booking.
NSW Fishing Industry Training Committee (trading as Maritime and Safety Training), ABN: 64 002 693 281 RTO ID: 90440 is approved by NSW Maritime to provide practical boat training and/or knowledge testing for the NSW general boat driving licence and PWC driving licence.
To make a booking or enquire about a recreational jet ski course, simply call/email the contact person listed for each region.
Central Coast - Delivered by us; Maritime and Safety Training NSW.
Botany Bay - Play Hard Jet ski Hire - Sydney's only complete Jet Ski Hire & Training Specialists.
- Call Natasha on 0498 578 057 or visit www.playhardjetskihire.com.au
Newcastle, Port Stephens NSW, New England, Mid-north Coast and Hunter Region
- Call Kelly Buckland on 0421 866 771 or email [email protected]
Western Sydney, NSW - Delivered by us; Maritime and Safety Training - Wednesdays & Sundays.
- Call Stuart on 02 4731 6250 or 0425 284 949 or email [email protected]
The course normally takes place at the end of a scheduled boat licence course or as a stand-alone course that lasts around one hour. Applicants who have already received their boat licence and are requiring their PWC licence are welcome to sit in on the boat licence course as a refresher when it is run in conjunction (free of charge). The Jet Ski course consists of a written assessment. Once the Jet Ski (PWC) course and exam have been finalised, you will need to complete a licence application form that we supply to you. You then need to present the licence form and fee to a Government Service Centre in NSW. There is no need for additional testing as you are now qualified for a JET SKI (PWC) LICENCE.
- 15 multiple choice questions.
- You must get at least 12 correct answers.
- You may immediately resit the exam if it is failed initially.
- A consequent failure will require you to take the test again at a future date without charge. If you would like additional training before the exam you may attend a training session for free.
General Boat and PWC Licence course costs:
- General Boat seminar, practical plus PWC: $405 (young adult $385)
- General Boat seminar with PWC upgrade with no practical: $260
- PWC Upgrade Only (if you already hold a NSW Boat Licence): $140
$20 discount on all courses for persons under 16 years of age.
Contacting NSW Roads and Maritime is another way of making a complaint.. Page 20 refers to our complaints policy and page 37 contains our Complaints and Appeals form.
NSW FITC will liaise with sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable Applicants, such as individuals who are not fluent in English or have an intellectual or physical disability.