Maritime and Safety Training Venues
Maritime and Safety Training NSW training venues are listed below.
To make a booking or enquire about a recreational boating course, simply call the contact person listed for each region.
These venues are frequently used for our Boat Licence Course and Test.
If you can't find a specific location near you please call our Head Office to enquire about other possible locations on 1300 302 123.
New South Wales:
- Practical training on our vessel (covers the logbook requirements in 2-3 hours) Held on the Hawkesbury River and at Koolewong on the Central Coast of NSW, Penrith, Newcastle, Illawarra, South Coast, Snowy Region, NSW South Coast, Sydney CBD, Botany Bay and Northern Beaches. Call 02 4344 1366 or 0428 196 699 for details
- Botany Bay - Play Hard Jet ski Hire - Sydney's only complete Jet Ski Hire & Training Specialists - Call Natasha on 0498 578 057 www.playhardjetskihire.com.au
- Central Coast NSW - Maritime and Safety Training Central Coast, Unit 13, 13 Gibbens Road, West Gosford NSW 2250. Practical training on our vessel (covers the logbook requirements in 2-3 hours) Held on the Hawkesbury River or Koolewong. Call Jim Ward 0428 196 699 for details. [email protected]
- Greater Sydney regular courses held in Drummoyne call Adam Evans 0437 440 436, send an email to [email protected] or book in directly at http://www.mastsydney.com.au
- Jindabyne, Cooma Monaro region, Canberra region including Queanbeyan, Yass, Goulburn, NSW South Coast from Bermagui to Eden. Mick is happy to travel and present to other groups, clubs etc in other areas if requested and you have sufficient numbers. Enquiries at www.icewatermarine.com.au- Call Mick Newman 0414 506 508
- Newcastle, Port Stephens NSW, New England, Mid-north Coast and Hunter Region: Call Chris Saunders mobile 0408 455 417
- Northern Beaches Weekly Courses held on Pittwater - General Boat and PWC course, exam and practical training (covers the logbook requirements in 2-3 hours). Contact Superyacht Crew Academy, 02 9979 9669 or email [email protected] to book or for further information.
- Western Sydney, NSW - Maritime and Safety Training - Wednesdays & Sundays at Penrith Marine Centre, 133 Coreen Avenue, Penrith New South Wales 2750, phone 02 4731 6250 - General Boat and PWC course, exam and practical training. Call Stuart 0425 284 949 or email: [email protected]
Address: 133 Coreen Avenue, Penrith New South Wales 2750
- Wollongong/Illawarra Region - 284 Windang Road, Windang 2528. For booking requirements visit https://mastboatlicence.com.au/
Jet Ski (PWC) Licence
You can obtain your Jet Ski (PWC) licence with a one-day training course from Maritime and Safety Training. Courses are conducted in metropolitan and regional areas of NSW.
You are required to earn a general Boat Licence before qualifying for a Jet Ski (PWC) licence in accordance with Transport for NSW Maritime guidelines. Please contact us at 1300 302 123 to discuss your specific training needs or whether you require assistance in selecting a suitable course for yourself, a family member or group booking.
NSW Fishing Industry Training Committee (trading as Maritime and Safety Training), ABN: 64 002 693 281 RTO ID: 90440 is approved by NSW Maritime to provide practical boat training and/or knowledge testing for the NSW general boat driving licence and PWC driving licence.
The course normally takes place at the end of a scheduled boat licence course or as a stand-alone course that lasts around one hour. Applicants who have already received their boat licence and are requiring their PWC licence are welcome to sit in on the boat licence course as a refresher when it is run in conjunction (free of charge). The Jet Ski course consists of a written assessment. Once the Jet Ski (PWC) course and exam have been finalised, you will need to complete a licence application form that we supply to you. You then need to present the licence form and fee to a Government Service Centre in NSW. There is no need for additional testing as you are now qualified for a JET SKI (PWC) LICENCE.
- 15 multiple choice questions.
- You must get at least 12 correct answers.
- You may immediately resit the exam if it is failed initially.
- A consequent failure will require you to take the test again at a future date without charge. If you would like additional training before the exam you may attend a training session for free.
Jet Ski (PWC) Licence - Fees
General Boat and PWC Licence course - Costs:
- General Boat seminar, practical plus PWC: $405 (young adult $385) JET SKI LICENCE IN 1 DAY
- General Boat seminar with PWC upgrade with no practical: $260
- PWC Upgrade Only (if you already hold a NSW Boat Licence): $140
$20 discount on all courses for persons under 16 years of age.
Contacting NSW Roads and Maritime is another way of making a complaint.. Page 20 refers to our complaints policy and page 37 contains our Complaints and Appeals form.
NSW FITC will liaise with sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable Applicants, such as individuals who are not fluent in English or have an intellectual or physical disability.