Jet Ski (PWC) Licence
You can obtain your Jet Ski (PWC) licence with a one-day training course from Maritime and Safety Training. Courses are conducted in metropoliton and regional areas of NSW.
You are required to earn a general Boat Licence before qualifying for a Jet Ski (PWC) licence in accordance with NSW RMS guidelines. Please contact us at 1300 302 123 to discuss your specific training needs or whether you require assistance in selecting a suitable course for yourself, a family member or group booking.
The course normally takes place at the end of a scheduled boat licence course or as a stand-alone course that lasts around one hour. Applicants who have already received their boat licence and are requiring their PWC licence are welcome to sit in on the boat licence course as a refresher when it is run in conjunction (free of charge). The Jet Ski course consists of a written assessment. Once the Jet Ski (PWC) course and exam have been finalised, you will need to complete a licence application form that we supply to you. You then need to present the licence form and fee to a Government Service Centre in NSW. There is no need for additional testing as you are now qualified for a JET SKI (PWC) LICENCE.
- Consists of 15 multiple choice questions
- No more than 3 answers can be incorrect
- You may immediately resit the exam if it is failed initially
- A consequent failure will require you to take the test again at a future date without charge. If you would like additional training before the exam you may attend a training session for free.
Jet Ski (PWC) Licence - Fees
- PWC Upgrade $80 with GB course. $95 stand alone course and test (young adult $75)
Contacting NSW Roads and Maritime is another way of making a complaint.. Page 20 refers to our complaints policy and page 37 contains our Complaints and Appeals form.
NSW FITC will liaise with sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable Applicants, such as individuals who are not fluent in English or have an intellectual or physical disability.